Nigeria is one of the liveliest places in Africa that continues to attract visitors from different parts of the world with a population of over 170 million people. Nigeria comprises of 36 states with beautiful beaches, ultra-modern city centers, houses built with opulent luxury, great architecture, scenic attraction sites, universities, museums, national parks, zoos, hotels, resorts and many other amenities visitors see.
We are excited about the opportunity for in-person meetups. For attendees and speakers travelling to Nigeria, you must complete a health declaration form and possess a valid vaccination card.
Are you a citizen of a Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Côte d &apos ivoire, Gambia, Ghana? Then you do not require a visa to visit Nigeria. Citizens of all other countries require a visa obtainable from any Nigerian Embassy or Consulate close to them. You will also be required to have proof of polio, yellow fever, and Covid19 vaccinations to enter Nigeria.
AIRPORT AND TRAVEL
All international travel will be through Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos main international airport. Major airlines provide daily services to many international destinations. The airport is about 30-35 minutes’ drive from Landmark Event Centre, the conference venue. Some hotels also offer pick-up services and we encourage participants with such options to use the services. Airport pick-up will be available on request for attendees arriving from the 14th of June, 2023. Please email the event organizers with your arrival details ahead of time to allow us to plan for pick-ups. Taxis are also available in addition to Uber and Bolt services.
ADVICE FOR INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
We are super excited about your visit and we can’t wait to welcome you to the OSCA FESTIVAL. Please read this information carefully, and check every item. Some of it is crucial and it will help you have a better travel process.
- Visa:You may need a visa to enter Nigeria. You must check this, otherwise, you will likely be denied entry, or probably not even be allowed to board your plane. If you have any questions, please contact us immediately.
- Vaccination certificate: You must have yellow fever, polio vaccination, and Covid19 certificate to enter Nigeria. Otherwise, you will likely be denied entry. Please ensure you have this in advance, do not leave it until the last minute.
- Malaria precautions: All of Nigeria, including Lagos, is indicated as a high-risk zone for malaria. Travelers are advised to take antimalarial medication such as Malarone (atovaquone/proguanil hydrochloride) and other precautions. After sunset, avoid mosquito bites by covering up with clothing (long sleeves, long trousers), using insect repellents on exposed skin, and when necessary: sleeping under a mosquito net. Ensure to bring the appropriate clothing and creams.
- Arrival times: We plan to coordinate transport on arrival at the airport for some groups. We might not be able to do this for everyone, but please let us know:
- The date and time of your arrival in Nigeria
- The date and time of your departure from Nigeria
- Your airline and flight numbers
- Your accommodation location
The organizers of the Open Source Festival aim to promote a comfortable and flexible lodging experience for attendees. Nigeria provides many and a wide range of hotels, which you can book on the usual online sites. Here are a few recommendations according to your budget. We encourage all attendees to make reservations early, as prices may change.
There are interesting places to visit in Lagos, Nigeria such as:
- Lekki Conservation Centre
- Nike Art Gallery
- Lekki Arts and Craft Centre